Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Intro

It appears that I'm starting a blog....

Everyone seems to have one these days, so I guess I might as well too.  So, welcome to the first edition of the BJJ, Inc. Blog.  This is a space where I will share news about my Brazilian Jiu-jitsu academy, my thoughts, observations, and insights on my own training, and the world of grappling & Brazilian Jiu-jitsu in general.  My hope is that it will be insightful & beneficial to others who are on the same journey that I am, and keep everyone up to date with what's going on with the academy.

First, as a way of introduction, my name is Jon Plyler.  I am, first & foremost, a student of the amazing art of Brazilian Jiu-jitsu.  I am also the owner & head instructor at BJJ, Inc.-Fight to Win Brazilian Jiu-jitsu of Denver, NC.  We are a part of the Fight to Win Brazilian Jiu-jitsu team out of Charlotte, under the leadership of my instructor, Steve Hall.  After many years of training, I had the honor this past December of receiving my black belt in Brazilian Jiu-jitsu directly from the legendary Royce Gracie. 

My academy is located in Denver, NC, a relatively small town just north of Charlotte in the Lake Norman area.  We have a great group of students, both kids & adults, and are growing everyday.  I also have the privilege of having both of my kids on the mat training with me regularly.  For more information on the academy, please check out our website.

Obviously, training in Brazilian Jiu-jitsu is a major part of my life, both personally & professionally.  Every moment that I get to spend on the mat is precious to me.  It is an amazing privilege to share what I have learned with others, and to watch them develop the same love for Jiu-jitsu that I have.  It has been an amazing journey so far, and I am very excited about the future.  Thank you for being a part of it.

Left to right, myself, Royce Gracie, & Steve Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment